Okay, posing isn’t one of my strong points. Don’t judge me.
I’ve never been completely comfortable in front of a camera (although my army of selfies on my Instagram @lottielamour might trick you into thinking I am…) so I guess that’s going to be the bit I need to work on the most.
So on the subject of selfies, here is a close up picture of my face.
As you can see, my brows are UNRULY. I never pluck them. On rare occasions, I might go and have them waxed, but it’s not often that I do. And I’m cool with that! A good make-up artist friend of mine once said:
“Eyebrows are sisters, not twins”
so now I kind of live by that mantra. I still spend an obscene amount of money on eyebrow pomade to make them darker (the perils of being a natural blonde!), but as for the actual size of them, I couldn’t give a monkey’s.
This is how my face is made up:
CC Cream – Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 CC Cream – This is the best CC cream I have ever come across. I wear it every day, even on those bed and Netflix days. It leaves my skin even, smooth, soft and visibly brightens it. Absolute God sent product!
- Primer – Make Up Revolution’s Ultra Face Base Primer – This product is only £5! It leaves my skin feeling like silk and gives a brilliant even base for my foundation. My skin doesn’t feel like I have it caked on me either and a little goes a very long way.
- Foundation – MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW20 – I’ve used MAC for years and I’ve never strayed. This just gives me the best coverage, hides all my sins and makes my skin even!
- Blusher – Rockateur by Benefit – After mourning the loss of Bella Bamba (may it rest in peace) I searched for an alternative and this was it! It’s rose-gold shimmer and warmth is perfect for my skin tone. Team this with my Highlighter and I feel like a summer goddess!
- Highlighter – Sunbeam by Benefit – Sunbeam was a mistake purchase for me. I usually use Highbeam as my highlighter but now I’m completely converted. The gold tones give the perfect amount of warmth and play really well against Rockateur.
- Brows – Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony by Anastasia Beverly Hills – So many bloggers that I follow use this as their brow product of choice and I just had to try it out! It’s lasted me so long, has such a lovely high pigment and is so easy to put on. I was nervous about my brush skills, but luckily Anastasia also do the perfect set of make up brushes for brows too, which makes it all easy.
- Mascara – They’re Real! by Benefit – I’ve been tempted to try Roller Lash just recently, but I can’t bear to tear myself away from my fave! They’re Real is the mascara that Teenage Lottie wanted years ago. It doesn’t clump, it makes my eyelashes appear thicker and longer and URGH! I just love it!
- Eyeliner – Max Factor Colour Xpert Eyeliner – This waterproof eyeliner is unmoveable. It lasts me all day, stays bold and has a really good applicator brush which is thin enough to be precise but not flimsy like some eyeliner brushes can be.
You’ll notice there’s no lip product. I couldn’t choose this morning, so I ended up going for Vaseline’s Paint the Town Red which I think is now discontinued – but whenever I can’t choose that is my go-to lipgloss!
What products do you use girls? Have you got any tips for me or any bargains? Let me know in the comments below.